Thursday 2 May 2013

Perhaps I am boring, but...



www.adventureflyfishinguk.co.uk

That's all I want is plain old boring normality, nothing exciting, spectacular and certainly not record breaking, just middle of the road, standard.

What am I talking about? The weather of course.

The last couple of years we seem to have lurched from one extraordinary weather event to the next, from record dry springs, to the wettest summer on record, to the coldest March and so on. Now I would like some normal stuff please, not overly warm, unseasonably cold, spectacularly wet or remarkably dry, nothing to bother the record books or to excite the statisticians - normal. If there is such a thing any more...

Talking of cold, here are a couple of photos sent to me by my mate in Iceland a couple of weeks ago, the spring creeping in to the Highlands:


See the bridge? There is a river under there, honest. I know because last year I caught fish underneath it.



This is a photo of a river I am set to explore this year just emerging from underneath the ice. We hope to find rising brown trout and possibly some char here in less than 3 months time. I hope it warms up a bit before I get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment